This week I read this great post on The Every Girl titled 20 Easy Things You Can Do to Improve Your Life. Life is so busy. As mother's we often feel stressed and like we are living our life in a giant blur and taking care of everyone else's needs but our own. Here, The Every Girl offers 20 manageable ways to refocus and recalibrate so you can feel better about today, tomorrow, and the days to come.
1. Do five-minute phone calls with friends and loved ones.
2. Declutter your space.
3. Only complain when you can offer a solution to the problem.
4. Look people in the eye when you speak.
5. Do a five-minute kitchen clean.
6. Try a new activity.
7. Practice self-kindness.
8. Break a sweat every day.
9. Check your bank statement every two weeks and choose one thing you can cut out.
10. Keep a gratitude journal.
11. Make your bed when you wake up.
12. Read a book instead of browsing your phone.
13. Say “please” and “thank you”—and mean it.
14. Focus your attention on the task at hand.
15. Tackle your most daunting task first.
16. Write down your goals and ambitions.
17. Think before you speak.
18. Drink a tall glass of water when you wake up.
19. Give praise freely.
20. Make more time for the things you love.
It is so important to establish small habits and keep your well-being in check. When I don't, life eventually catches up with me and everything starts to spiral out of control. Hop over to The Every Girl and read the full post here.